From 1st April 2013 Council Tax Benefit will be abolished and replaced by Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)
A to Z of services: Household Waste Recycling Centre
Household Waste Recycling Centre: Outline
The Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) is open 362 days a year (closed only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day). Please check the Household Waste Recycling Centre webpage for details of opening times.
The following items can all be recycled at the Centre: paper, newspapers, books and magazines, cardboard, soil and rubble, wood, glass bottles and jars, green garden waste, scrap metal, textiles, clothing and shoes, batteries and oil. Staff are on hand to assist and give advice as to which container to use to dispose of your waste.
Please note the Household Waste Recycling Centre is a household waste disposal site and is not to be used for disposing of business waste.
EligibilityAll households in Hartlepool. Businesses are not allowed to use the Recycling Centre.
- Can I leave it outside?
- How soon can I have a bulky waste collection?
- Is the bulky waste collection service available to local businesses?
- What items do you take?
- Do I have to remove the bottle tops from the plastic bottles I wish to recycle?
- How do I start recycling?
- What should I do with my garden waste?
- Where do I leave my wheelie bin?
- Will my bin smell or attract maggots and flies?
- How can I pay for my Trade Waste collection?
- Why should I use the Trade Waste service?
- Someone has dumped black bags at the side of my property, will the bin men take them away?
- There is rubbish all over the back lane caused by someone turning over the bins and rummaging through the rubbish. What can be done about it?
- What can be done about neighbours filling wheeled bins belonging to unoccupied premises and then not putting them out for collection?
- How do I arrange a bulky waste collection?
- Why haven’t they taken my extra black bags?
- Shops are using litter bins for their rubbish, what can be done?
- My Trade Waste hasn't been collected, what do I do?
- My bin is not big enough?
- When is recycling collected?
- What if I don't have room in my bin for all of the additional waste?
- How many household items can you collect?
- Do you offer help with presenting refuse and recycling containers for collection?
- How do I start composting?
- Someone has left black bags in the back lane, can you send someone out to clean them away?
- Where can I recycle?
- Who do I contact about the Trade Waste scheme?
- Can I request a water butt/compost bin?
- I have additional waste that I can't fit in my green bin, what should I do?
- When does the new refuse and recycling service start?
- Can I request for my bin(s) to be cleaned?
- Do I have to pay for my new grey recycling bin?
- Do the brown bin collections take place all year?
- Does Hartlepool support the real nappies scheme?
- How do I get a bin?
- How much waste is recycled in Hartlepool?
- How often will the new grey recycling bin be emptied?
- I do not have room for my grey bin at my property, what should I do?
- I don't want a new bin, can I continue to use my blue/white bag?
- I live in a flat/sheltered accommodation - will I get a new grey recycling bin?
- What time does the household waste recycling centre (HWRC) open?
- There is waste/mess in my neighbour's garden. Can anything be done about this?
- What can be disposed of in the brown bin?
- What can be disposed of in the green bin?
- What can be recycled in the blue box?
- What can be recycled in the grey bin?
- What do you collect?
- What happens to my recycling after collection?
- What if I refuse the new grey recycling bin and then decide that I want one at a later?
- When will I get my new grey recycling bin?
- Why do we need a new recycling service?
- Do I need to wash and squash my recycling?
- Can broken toys or plastic garden furniture be disposed of in the grey recycling bin?
- Can polystyrene be disposed of in the grey recycling bin?
- Will the green bin and Brown bin be collected by the same lorry?
- Will the Grey Bin and the Blue Box be collected by the same lorry?
- My collection day has changed and this means that I will have to wait 3 weeks for my green bin to be emptied, what can I do?
- What time / days do the refuse collection teams work?
- Do I have to bag recycling in the grey bin?
- Can/should I bag my recycling before placing it in the new grey bin?
- Tees Valley Joint Waste Management Strategy
- Waste Management
- Bulky Waste
- Refuse Collection
- What can be Recycled
- Recycle Bring Centres
- Recycling Collection
- Real Nappies
- Waste Minimisation
- Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Waste Not Want Not
- Recycling Symbols Explained
- Useful Rubbish, Waste and Recycling Links
- Recycling Facts and Figures
- What happens to my recycling after collection?
- New Recycling Service
- Help for people with mobility difficulties
- Report a problem with your bin(s)
- Disposing of additional waste
- Composting and water butts
- Refuse and recycling services in Hartlepool
- Green bin
- Brown bin
- Grey bin
- Blue box contents