A to Z of services: Building control
Building control: Outline
Building Control ensures the health, safety and welfare of people in and about buildings.
- I am considering replacing the windows to my dwelling. Do I need Building Regulation Approval?
- What happens after I have submitted my plans for approval?
- What happens if I contravene the Regulations?
- What happens on completion of my building work?
- What should be shown on the plans?
- Who can I get Building Regulation Approval from?
- Do I have to pay for Building Regulation Approval?
- When can I start my building work?
- If I want to carry out a loft conversion to my home, will the Building Regulations apply?
- What building work can I do without Building Regulation approval?
- How do I get Building Regulation Approval?
- What are Building Regulations?
- When do I need a Building Regulation Approval?
- Is my building work subject to site progress inspections?
- How much will my Building Regulation application cost?