From 1st April 2013 Council Tax Benefit will be abolished and replaced by Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)
A to Z of services: Building control
Building control: Outline
Building Control ensures the health, safety and welfare of people in and about buildings.
Hartlepool Borough Council's Building Control team provide a fast, efficient and cost effective service to ensure that all building work meets building regulations. We offer advice and assistance on any project from design through to completion.
The benefits of choosing us for your building control needs include extensive local knowledge, close links with planning and fire safety officers, as well as flexibility and impartiality.
- I am considering replacing the windows to my dwelling. Do I need Building Regulation Approval?
- What happens after I have submitted my plans for approval?
- What happens if I contravene the Regulations?
- What happens on completion of my building work?
- What should be shown on the plans?
- Who can I get Building Regulation Approval from?
- Do I have to pay for Building Regulation Approval?
- When can I start my building work?
- If I want to carry out a loft conversion to my home, will the Building Regulations apply?
- What building work can I do without Building Regulation approval?
- How do I get Building Regulation Approval?
- What are Building Regulations?
- When do I need a Building Regulation Approval?
- Is my building work subject to site progress inspections?
- How much will my Building Regulation application cost?