A to Z of services: Debt Advice
Debt Advice: Outline
You can get free and impartial help and advice regarding rent arrears and managing debt from:
- Housing Advice Team. Hartlepool Borough Council's homeless team who can provide advice and sign posting to debt advisory services.
- Citizens Advice Bureau. Help and advice regarding money, debt, welfare benefits and tax.
- West View Advice and Resource Centre. Help and advice regarding money, debt, welfare benefits and tax.
- Hartlepool Credit Union. A non-profit making co-operative that offers a savings and loan service that exists solely to benefit its members.
- STOP Loan Sharks. A government team who provide advice and assistance regarding dealing with illegal money lenders.
- The Money Advice Service. Help and advice regarding managing money and debt.
- Turn2us. A charitable service which helps people to access the money available to them - through welfare benefits, grants and other help.
- The Consumer Credit Counselling Service. A debt advice charity that provides expert debt help to anyone who needs it.
- Budget Loans. An interest free loan to help pay for essential things like rent, furniture, clothes or hire purchase debt.
- Teesside Emergency Relief Fund. A grant to help relieve immediate hardship.
- The Greggs Foundation Hardship Grant. A grant to help families and financially excluded people purchase individual items that can make a huge difference to family life. (applications must be made through social organisations such as charities, housing associations and social services acting on behalf of a family or individual in need)
- 5 Lamps. A Teesside charity providing debt advice, personal loans, help to find work, training, volunteering opportunities and help starting a business.
- Houses in Multiple Occupation
- Renewal Assistance
- Housing Advice Team
- Housing Strategy
- Choice Based Lettings
- Housing to Rent: Registered Social Landlords
- Housing Association Nominations
- Floating Support
- Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)
- Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Welfare Reform
- Tenancy Relations
- Anti-social Behaviour Unit
- Good Tenant Scheme
- No Second Night Out
- Affordable Home Ownership
- Home Plus Grants
- Empty Homes
- Selective Licensing
- Changing your address?
Contact: Housing Advice Team
Telephone: (01429) 284038Housing Options Centre, Park Towers, Park Road, Hartlepool, TS24 7PT