A to Z of services: Garden Waste
Garden Waste: Outline
All households in Hartlepool with a garden have been issued with a brown 240 ltr wheeled bin for the collection of grass cuttings, hedge, shrub and flower trimmings and small broken branches.
Please shake off excess soil before placing garden waste in the bin and do not put your garden waste in plastic bags.
The brown bin is collected every two weeks, on the same day as the white poly bag.
Additional Garden Waste
If you have more garden waste than will fit in your brown bin this can be disposed of at the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Burn Road.
For further information telephone Hartlepool Connect on (01429) 523333.
- Can I leave it outside?
- How soon can I have a bulky waste collection?
- Is the bulky waste collection service available to local businesses?
- What items do you take?
- Do I have to remove the bottle tops from the plastic bottles I wish to recycle?
- How do I start recycling?
- What should I do with my garden waste?
- Where do I leave my wheelie bin?
- Will my bin smell or attract maggots and flies?
- How can I pay for my Trade Waste collection?
- Why should I use the Trade Waste service?
- Someone has dumped black bags at the side of my property, will the bin men take them away?
- There is rubbish all over the back lane caused by someone turning over the bins and rummaging through the rubbish. What can be done about it?
- What can be done about neighbours filling wheeled bins belonging to unoccupied premises and then not putting them out for collection?
- How do I arrange a bulky waste collection?
- Shops are using litter bins for their rubbish, what can be done?
- My Trade Waste hasn't been collected, what do I do?
- My bin is not big enough?
- When is recycling collected?
- What if I don't have room in my bin for all of the additional waste?
- How many household items can you collect?
- Do you offer help with presenting refuse and recycling containers for collection?
- How do I start composting?
- Someone has left black bags in the back lane, can you send someone out to clean them away?
- Where can I recycle?
- Who do I contact about the Trade Waste scheme?
- Can I request a water butt/compost bin?
- I have additional waste that I can't fit in my green bin, what should I do?
- When does the new refuse and recycling service start?
- Can I request for my bin(s) to be cleaned?
- Do the brown bin collections take place all year?
- Does Hartlepool support the real nappies scheme?
- How do I get a bin?
- How much waste is recycled in Hartlepool?
- How often will the new grey recycling bin be emptied?
- I do not have room for my grey bin at my property, what should I do?
- I don't want a new bin, can I continue to use my blue/white bag?
- I live in a flat/sheltered accommodation - will I get a new grey recycling bin?
- What time does the household waste recycling centre (HWRC) open?
- There is waste/mess in my neighbour's garden. Can anything be done about this?
- What can be disposed of in the brown bin?
- What can be disposed of in the green bin?
- What can be recycled in the blue box?
- What can be recycled in the grey bin?
- What happens to my recycling after collection?
- What if I refuse the new grey recycling bin and then decide that I want one at a later?
- When will I get my new grey recycling bin?
- Why do we need a new recycling service?
- Do I need to wash and squash my recycling?
- Can broken toys or plastic garden furniture be disposed of in the grey recycling bin?
- Can polystyrene be disposed of in the grey recycling bin?
- Will the green bin and Brown bin be collected by the same lorry?
- Will the Grey Bin and the Blue Box be collected by the same lorry?
- My collection day has changed and this means that I will have to wait 3 weeks for my green bin to be emptied, what can I do?
- What time / days do the refuse collection teams work?
- Do I have to bag recycling in the grey bin?
- Can/should I bag my recycling before placing it in the new grey bin?
- Why haven’t they taken my extra black bags?
- What do you collect?
- Tees Valley Joint Waste Management Strategy
- Waste Management
- Bulky Waste
- Refuse Collection
- What can be Recycled
- Recycle Bring Centres
- Recycling Collection
- Real Nappies
- Waste Minimisation
- Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Waste Not Want Not
- Recycling Symbols Explained
- Useful Rubbish, Waste and Recycling Links
- Recycling Facts and Figures
- What happens to my recycling after collection?
- Help for people with mobility difficulties
- Report a problem with your bin(s)
- Disposing of additional waste
- Composting and water butts
- Refuse and recycling services in Hartlepool
- Green bin
- Brown bin
- Grey bin
- Blue box contents
- Christmas 2013 - all you need to know about recycling and waste over the Christmas period
Contact: Customer Services
Telephone: 01429 266522Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY