VISITORS to Hartlepool Civic Centre and the adjoining Law Courts are advised that essential repair work will start shortly at the front entrance to the building. From next week (w/c 6th February)
A to Z of services: Garden Waste
Garden Waste: Outline
All households in Hartlepool with a garden have been issued with a brown 240 ltr wheeled bin for the collection of grass cuttings, hedge, shrub and flower trimmings and small broken branches.
Please shake off excess soil before placing garden waste in the bin and do not put your garden waste in plastic bags.
The brown bin is collected every two weeks, on the same day as the white poly bag.
Additional Garden Waste
If you have more garden waste than will fit in your brown bin this can be disposed of at the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Burn Road or alternatively via the garden bag collection service.
Bags are available for purchase at 50p each from the Civic Centre and collection can be arranged.
For further information telephone Hartlepool Connect on (01429) 523333.
- Wheeled Bin Assisted Collection Request
- Refuse/Recycling Collection Problem Report
- Recycling - Your Views and Comments
- Apply for a Permit (Van, Pick up and Trailer) - Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Request Form for Larger than Normal Waste Wheeled Bin (only applicable for families of 6 or more)
- Request a New Recycling Container
- Can I leave it outside?
- How soon can I have a bulky waste collection?
- Is the bulky waste collection service available to local businesses?
- What items do you take?
- Do I have to remove the bottle tops from the plastic bottles I wish to recycle?
- How do I start recycling?
- What do you collect?
- What should I do with my garden waste?
- Where do I leave my wheelie bin?
- Will my bin smell or attract maggots and flies?
- How can I pay for my Trade Waste collection?
- Why should I use the Trade Waste service?
- How do I get a van permit?
- Someone has dumped black bags at the side of my property, will the bin men take them away?
- Someone has left black bags in the back lane, can you send someone out to clean them away?
- There is rubbish all over the back lane caused by someone turning over the bins and rummaging through the rubbish. What can be done about it?
- What can be done about neighbours filling wheeled bins belonging to unoccupied premises and then not putting them out for collection?
- How do I arrange a bulky waste collection?
- Why haven’t they taken my extra black bags?
- Where can I recycle?
- Shops are using litter bins for their rubbish, what can be done?
- Who do I contact about the Trade Waste scheme?
- My Trade Waste hasn't been collected, what do I do?
- Do you do assisted collections?
- My bin is not big enough?
- When is recycling collected?
- What if I don't have room in my bin for all of the additional waste?
- How many household items can you collect?
- How do I start composting?
- How do I get a replacement bin?
- What time does the household waste recycling centre (HWRC) open?
- Tees Valley Joint Waste Management Strategy
- Assisted Waste/Recycling Collection
- Waste Management
- Bulky Waste
- Refuse Collection
- What can be Recycled
- Recycle Bring Centres
- Recycling Collection
- Real Nappies
- Waste Minimisation
- Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Waste Not Want Not
- Recycling Symbols Explained
- Useful Rubbish, Waste and Recycling Links
- Trade Waste
- Recycling Facts and Figures
- Find Your Recycling and Waste Collection Dates
- What happens to my recycling after collection?
Contact: Customer Services
Telephone: 01429 266522Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY