Hartlepool Borough Council

Council Tax and Business Rates Frequently Asked Questions

Who has to pay the Business Rates?

  • Page 11 of 16


The occupier of a non-domestic property normally pays the Business Rates. Usually this is the owner-occupier or leaseholder. If a property is empty, the person entitled to possession will have to pay a reduced rate.


External Links
Hartlepool Borough Council is not responsible for the content of any external websites and does not endorse any product or organisation contained therein


Contact us

Telephone: 01429 266522

Send your feedback or find key contact details.