Hartlepool Borough Council
Civic Centre Access Restrictions

VISITORS to Hartlepool Civic Centre and the adjoining Law Courts are advised that essential repair work will start shortly at the front entrance to the building. From next week (w/c 6th February)

Civic Centre Access Restrictions.

Council Tax and Business Rates Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make an appeal?

  • Page 19 of 21


It costs nothing to appeal. If you do decide to appeal you can do so in a number of ways.

(1) You can contact the Valuation Office on 01642 416700 and request a form

(2) You can get a form from the Valuation Office website at http://www.voa.gov.uk/

(3) You can write to the Valuation Office at St. Marks Court, Thornaby, Stockton on Tees, TS17 6QR with the following information:

Your name and address.
Whether or not you are the owner or occupier of the property.
A full statement of the reasons why you think the current rateable value is wrong.
The address of the property.
What you think the new value should be.

You should provide as much information as you can to support your appeal.


External Links
Hartlepool Borough Council is not responsible for the content of any external websites and does not endorse any product or organisation contained therein


Contact us

Telephone: 01429 266522

Send your feedback or find key contact details.