Hartlepool Borough Council

Fireworks & Explosives

Storage & Supply

Photo of Fireworks

If you intend to store/supply between 5kg-250kg net of explosives (e.g. fireworks) you will need to apply for a Registration Certificate.

If you intend to store over 250kg net (maximum of 2000kg) of explosives you will need to apply for a Licence.

Should you wish to supply or expose for sale fireworks outside of the dates below, you must also hold (in addition to your registration Certificate, issued under the Manufacture and storage of Explosives Regulations 2005) a Licence granted by this licensing authority.

  1. 15 October to 10 November
  2. 26 December to 31 December
  3. Chinese New Year (on the first day of the Chinese New Year and three days immediately preceding it)
  4. Diwali (on the first day of Diwali and three days immediately preceding it)

Please contact the Licensing Team for more information.

Address: Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY

Tel: 01429 523354

Email: licensing@hartlepool.gov.uk

Contact us

Telephone: 01429 266522

Send your feedback or find key contact details.