Hartlepool Registration Service - Marriage and Civil Partnership
Marriage and Civil Partnership - Steps to take
1. Decide on the date you wish to be married or register your civil partnership.
2. Check that your chosen venue is available for your date and time - we advise that you do not make a confirmed booking until you check that there is a registrar available.
3. Contact us to make a provisional booking for the registrar. A non-refundable Ceremony Deposit is required at the time of booking*; this deposit is deductable from the overall cost of your ceremony.
4. Make arrangements to give notice at your local register office.
5a. For couples where one or both parties are giving notice at Hartlepool - we require the payment of your outstanding ceremony balance at the time you give notice, or two months prior to the ceremony, whichever date is soonest.
5b. For couples where neither party are giving notice at Hartlepool - once we have received your authorities we will confirm your booking. Payment of the outstanding ceremony balance is required two months before the ceremony takes place.
* Please note if your ceremony is taking place in less than 2 months full payment will be required at the time of booking.
Guidance on the steps you need to take, along with information on the services Hartlepool Register Office offer, can be found in our Ceremony brochure.
Telephone: 01429 266522