Ward Jackson Park
Ward Jackson Park is one of the most original in the North East region.
Provided by public money in 1883 to commemorate one of Hartlepool's greatest entrepreneurs, Ralph Ward Jackson.
The park is listed in the National Register of Historic Parks & Gardens because of its collection of Victorian and Edwardian features: the Lodge House (1883), the Bandstand (1901), the Fountain (1902), the Clocktower (1925) and the magnificent Lake set in its Victorian landscape.
A project to restore and develop the park was recently completed, being funded by Hartlepool Borough Council, The Heritage Lottery Fund and Capital Challenge. This project returned the park to its original splendour and providing for the full involvement of park-users in its future. 'The Friends of Ward Jackson Park' meet to represent the views of park-users, organise events and activities and raise funds for their own Park projects. The play area contains plenty of activity stations to occupy the most lively of children.
Recentley a wildlife pond area was created close to the south eastern edge of the lake.
Refreshments are available at 'The Place in the Park' cafe, situated in the south eastern corner of the Park.
For information regarding Friends of Ward Jackson Park contact 01429 262641.
For further information telephone 01429 284124/284392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hartlepool Borough Council is not responsible for the content of any external websites and does not endorse any product or organisation contained therein
Telephone: 01429 266522