Household Waste Recycling Centre
Household Waste Recycling Centre Vehicle Permit
The Household Waste Recycling Centre is located on Burn Road. It provides a facility for Hartlepool residents to dispose of, and recycle, their household waste. Trade and business users are not permitted to use the site.
A separate Trade Waste service is available for businesses, follow the link or call 01429 523333 for more information.
Householders who require access to the site using a van, pick-up or trailer must first obtain a permit. You can apply for a permit at Hartlepool Connect at the Civic Centre Reception, Victoria Road Hartlepool - (Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00 & Friday 08:30 - 16:30).
Permits are valid for a maximum of 12 trips. Please see below for full Terms and Conditions of use.
In order to qualify for a permit your vehicle must meet the following criteria:
Your vehicle must be:
- Under 2 metres in height
- Registered in Hartlepool
- Unmarked, i.e. no vehicles with business logos or signwriting
- No hired vehicles
- Not exceed the dimensions 2.4 x 1.2 metres
- Permits are limited to 1 per property
- Cars do NOT require a permit
You must also provide the following evidence with your application
Proof of address (provide one of the following):
- Mortgage statement
- Tenancy agreement
- Utility bill / statement
Proof of vehicle:
- Vehicle registration document (log book)
If you cannot provide your vehicle registration document then one of the following can be provided:
- Insurance certificate
- Bill of sale
- Company letter (Lease vehicles only)
Address and vehicle documentation must display the same address
Household Waste Recycling Centre Permit - Terms and Conditions
- Permits are valid for a maximum of 12 trips (there is no expiry date on the permit)
- Individuals cannot apply for more than one permit in any 12 month period
- Permits must be shown at the site entrance to gain entry - permits will be hole punched and returned
- Permits are valid ONLY for the vehicle specified on the permit
- Permit can be used to dispose of household waste ONLY
- Permit holders must inform Hartlepool Connect regarding any change of details, ie vehicle or address
- In the event that a permit is lost, individuals you will be issued with one replacement. If the permit is lost on more than one occasion individuals will be declined a replacement.
Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may lead to the withdrawal of permits
Please contact Hartlepool Connect on 01429 523333 for further advice and information.
Hartlepool Borough Council is not responsible for the content of any external websites and does not endorse any product or organisation contained therein
Telephone: 01429 266522