Hartlepool Borough Council

Town and Village Greens

Common land - town and village greens

Hartlepool Borough Council is the registration authority for common land and town and village greens in Hartlepool.

As a Commons Registration Authority we are responsible for maintaining the registers of common land and town & village greens, this includes the registration of 'new' village greens.

DEFRA have produced a number of guides for people thinking about making an application to register land as common land or as a town or village green.  The Open Spaces Society also offers guidance and assistance for residents looking to make an application to register land as town or village green. Their web site can be found here.

Applications for the registration of new town or village greens in Hartlepool

There are no current applications for registering town and village greens.

Contact us

Telephone: 01429 266522

Send your feedback or find key contact details.