From 1st April 2013 Council Tax Benefit will be abolished and replaced by Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)
Anti-social Behaviour Unit
Good Tenant Scheme Application Checklist
Use the checklist below to ensure that you have correctly completed your Good Tenant Scheme application form and have the right documents before you hand it in at the Housing Options Centre.
Has Applicant 1 and Applicant 2 (if relevant):
(A) Application Form:
1. Answered ALL questions on the form?
2. Provided a phone number?
3. Listed everyone who is going to be living with them?
4. Listed ALL their previous addresses for the last 2 years?
5. Signed and dated the form?
(B) Provided 2 proofs of their identity?
(Note - only 1 proof of identity needed if you provide photo ID with your current address on. i.e. Driving Licence)
(C) Provided proof of their current address?
(D) Had their photograph taken at The Housing Options Centre?
(Note - BOTH applicants (if relevant) must be present to have their photograph taken to hand in the form)
Documents accepted for proof of identity and current address: (documents must not be expired)
2. Home office immigration papers
3. Driving licence
4. Birth or Marriage certificate
5. National Insurance number card
6. EEC identity card
7. Military identity card
8. Prison identity card
9. Citizen, validate UK , PASS identity cards
10. University/College identity card
11. Benefit payment book/letter, Child or Housing benefit book/letter
12. Tenancy Agreement or Rent book
13. NHS medical card/G.P letter (dated within last 2 months)
14. Utility bill (gas, electric, water) (dated within last 2 months)
15. Phone, council tax, insurance bill (dated within last 2 months)
PLEASE NOTE THAT A GTS APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE HOUSING OPTIONS CENTRE UNLESS ALL OF THE ABOVE CHECKS HAVE BEEN DONE.
Useful Links - Community Safety and Housing
Telephone: 01429 266522