Summerhill Country Park and Outdoor Nature Reserve
The objectives of the session are:
- Explore life as it was in the Iron Age – 2000 years ago
- Experience a team building activity
- Exercise, have fun and learn some History
An overview of the day:
- Introduction in the Exhibition room with a brief introduction to the Stone Age, use of the information boards to show the role of archaeologists, build up knowledge of Iron Age people.
- Visit the Roundhouse to see how it was constructed and find out what everyday life was like.
- Hunting/Shelter Building – children working in small groups find the way, plan and construct a shelter in the woodland.
- Afternoon session using artefacts for rubbings, sketching, enquiries plus further work on Stonehenge.
All sessions are fully planned and can be adapted to meet specific curriculum requirements.