How Do I Join The Library?
For people aged 17 or over:
We will reply by email, giving you a borrower number and a PIN which you can use immediately to make reservations and use our online reference materials. you can collect your ticket from the any library (taking proof of your name and address) and you can start borrowing.
2. Bring along proof of your name and address when you visit the library. This could be (for example) a recent utility bill or your driver's licence.
3. Staff will help you fill out a simple membership form.
4. You will be given your library card and PIN number there and then. There is no charge and you can use it straight away in any Hartlepool library.
You can borrow up to ten books at a time plus a selection of other media. Most books are loaned for 3 weeks free of charge.
You can also use your ticket and PIN number to access our free online reference library and to use the computers in the library.
Children and Young People (0 to 16 years)
- Find your nearest library
- Fill out a simple membership form. You will need a parent or guardian to sign your form. There is a separate form for your parent or guardian to sign if you want to use the computers in the library.
- You can have your ticket straight away.
- If you are aged 0-12 years you can borrow up to six books and other items from our junior stock. Most items are loaned for 3 weeks free of charge.
- If you are aged 13-16 years you can borrow up to six books and other items from our teen stock. Some adult non fiction may be borrowed for study purposes. Most items are loaned for 3 weeks free of charge.
I haven't visited the library in years ... Can I rejoin?
You can rejoin the library at any time. Just drop-in to your local library with one form of current identification that has your name and address printed on it. Please note there may be a small charge for a replacement ticket. See above for fees and charges.