Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Service
- Are you worried about your child's educational progress?
- Does your child, have or may have Special Educational needs and/or a disability?
- Is your child in the process of being assessed?
WE CAN HELP BY OFFERING PARENTS AND CARERS THE FOLLOWING:
- Independent support and someone to talk to in complete confidence
- An explanation of matters concerning special educational needs
- Information on SEN support in school
- An explanation of the statutory assessment procedure
- Details of voluntary organisations
- Contacts with local support groups
WE CAN HELP YOU TO EXPRESS YOUR VIEWS BY:
- Attending school meeting with you
- Assisting with letter/report writing
- Advising on your parental rights
- Helping you to understand procedures and services
WHAT IS THE HARTLEPOOL INFORMATION, ADVICE AND SUPPORT SERVICE (FORMERLY HARTLEPOOL PARENT PARTNERSHIP SERVICE)
Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Service plays a key role in promoting positive relationships between parents, children and young people, schools, local authorities (LAs) and others. This is important in enabling children and young people with SEND to achieve their potential. Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Service will provide support in order to ensure that parents of children and young people with SEND are fully informed and involved in their child's education. Although the Information, Advice and Support Service are part of the LA, it operates independently from The SEND Education Services offering impartial advice, support and information.
THE SERVICE OFFERS PARENTS, CARERS, CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE THE FOLLOWING:
- Local policy and practice
- Help to request an Education, Health and Care Plan (In Hartlepool known as the One Plan)
- Independent Support to support parents', carers, children and young people through the statutory assessment process and transfer of Statements/LDA's to a Education, Health and Care Plan
- Someone to talk to in complete confidence
- An explanation of matters concerning SEND
- Help with filling in forms and expressing views
- Someone to attend meetings with
- Information on the Local Offer of Services
- Information Leaflets about special educational needs and or Disability
- Information around personalisation and Personal Budgets
- Law on SEN and disability, health and social care through suitably trained staff
- Advice for children, young people and parents on gathering, understanding and interpreting information and applying it to their own situation
- Information on the local authority's processes for resolving disagreements, mediation, it's complaints procedure and means of address
You might also find the following pages useful:Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Service Young People's Policies and Factsheets
Aspire - Independent Support for Parents, Carers and Young People in relation to Education Health and Care Plans, and other information in relation to SEND. The service has been extended to provide support until the end of July 2018. To find out more about the service, please click here.
If you have used Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Service or are currently being supported by them. If you could take a few minutes to complete the survey monkey to help us find out what you thought or think about the service and any improvements that can be made.
Short Break & Parent Participation Officer
Telephone: 01429 284876
Opening Times: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm (all year round)