First Contact and Support Hub
The First Contact and Support Hub (FCSH) provides information, advice and guidance on services and support for children, young people and families.
- Advice on family issues and concerns
- Access to specialist services and support
- Family finance and budgeting
- Benefit and entitlement checks
- Training and employment advice
- Becoming a child-minder / childcare provider
- Help with finding and paying for childcare
- 2, 3, 4 year old Free Nursery Entitlement
- Sure Start Children's Centres
- Activities for children and young people.
The service operates Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
An answerphone service is available outside of these hours.
The Emergency Duty Team provides an out-of-hours response to emergency situations involving child protection, child care, mental health and other adult care service matters.
They provide a point of advice and, where necessary, immediate service to individuals and families who are experiencing problems. They work closely with other emergency services including Health, Warden Call, Police, Women's Refuges and the Benefits Agency.
They are only available outside of normal office hours.
- Tel - 08702 402 994
Information about how professionals can access services for children and families and how to ensure their safety and welfare, can also be found on the following sites: