Highway Licences

Skip Licences

A licence is needed if you require a skip and intend to place it on the public highway.  The skip company from whom you hire the skip is responsible for obtaining a skip licence and they should apply using our online form below: 

Apply for a Skip Licence

You can download the Council's Skip Policy below:

HBC's Skip Licence Policy

Depositing of Materials on the Highway

Permission is required if you intend to deposit materials on the public highway (i.e. blocks for a drive, sand, or other building materials).  You should telephone 01429 284072 for more details.  You can download an application form below:

Apply for a Highway Permit

Scaffold and Hoarding Licences

A licence is required if you intend to erect a scaffold or hoarding that will encroach on the public highway.  The company who erect the scaffold or hoarding are responsible for obtaining the licence and they should download the application form below:

Apply for a Scaffold or Hoarding Licence

Excavation in the Public Highway

A Road Opening Permit is required to excavate in the public highway for any reason.  Only contractors who have accredited personnel are allowed to do so and they must apply for a Road Opening Permit using the application form below before any works are started.  For further details telephone 01429 284072.

Apply for a Road Opening Permit

For excavations involving existing apparatus, a Section 50 licence should be obtained. Contact the Council on 01429 284072 and download the application form below:

Apply for a S50 Licence

Vehicle Crossings (Dropped Kerb)

If you require a vehicle crossing to be constructed please see the Council's approved list of contractors.