Free central heating system
To qualify for a FREE central heating system you must fit the below criteria:
- You are a private homeowner, or have a private landlord if you rent.
- Your household has a gross income total of less than £26,000, including any benefits. You may still qualify if you receive certain income-related benefits. Visit www.warmupnorth.com/chf for the full list of these qualifying income-related benefits, or call us on 0800 294 8073 to discuss.
- AND one of the following:
- Your home does not have, and never has had, a central heating system. If you have electric storage heaters, electric room heaters, solid fuel fires and single gas fires, you may qualify as they do not count as central heating systems.
- The main method of heating your home is the use of solid fuels and you only have a partial, solid fuel-fired, central heating system. By partial, we mean that one or more of your habitable rooms are not connected to the home’s main heating system.
- Your home uses electric storage heaters.
- We want to install new central heating systems where they will make the most difference, particularly to the energy efficiency rating of homes. For you to qualify, the installation of a new central heating system must improve the energy rating of your home.
You do not have to be a British Gas customer to qualify.
If you think you may qualify, please contact us today:Call free: 0800 294 8073 (Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm)
This offer is subject to availability so act fast.
For full terms and conditions, please visit the Warm Up North website.
Hartlepool Borough Council, as part of the Warm Up North partnership has been awarded government funding to install FREE central heating systems into qualifying properties in the North East of England.
The nine Warm Up North areas include:
- Hartlepool Borough Council
- Northumberland County Council
- Durham County Council
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
- Darlington Borough Council
- South Tyneside Council
- Sunderland City Council
- Newcastle City Council
- Gateshead Council
How can the funding help you?
If you qualify, an energy assessor will come out and survey your home. We will discuss your heating options with you and agree on the best system. You may receive the following free of charge:
- An ‘A’ rated British Gas approved gas boiler
- In off gas areas, an ‘A’ rated British Gas approved oil boiler or an air source heat pump
- Radiators throughout your home
- Controls allowing you to manage heating in the way you want
- All necessary piping including associated works
- British Gas support throughout the process
- British Gas design expertiseA 12 month HomeCare Central Heating Care warranty from British Gas
What happens next?
If you qualify, one of our energy assessors will come out and survey your home to check eligibility and help us work out the best type of heating system for your property. Our surveyors will then discuss these options in detail with you and explain what system could be installed.
If you rent privately we require your landlord to complete the landlord permission form before a survey can take place. Landlord permission forms can be downloaded from the Warm Up North website: www.warmupnorth.com/chf