Road Safety and Sustainable Travel
Hartlepool Borough Council's Road Safety and Sustainable Travel team deliver a varied package of activities. Key current areas of work are:
- Sustainable travel advice, support and campaigns encouraging more walking, cycling, public transport usage and car share.
- Cycle training at all levels for children and adults from learn to ride to instruction in the national Bikeability Programme.
- Management of the Council's School Crossing Patrol Service.
- Delivery of Child Pedestrian training for school children.
- Development and promotion of walking and cycling facilities, including building new routes, providing signage and cycle parking.
- A driver training and assessment service, including:
- Accident statistic analysis
- Driver refreshers/re-training including Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses
- Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving training
- Minibus training to test standard
Download our Sustainable Modes of Travel Strategy (April 2019) below: