Walking in Hartlepool
Enjoying your walking in and around Hartlepool
You can enjoy walks throughout the Borough of Hartlepool using our newly revised and beautifully illustrated self-guided walking leaflets.
Make sure you wear suitable clothes and follow the Countryside Code while out walking.
Permissive access is available, this can be on council or private land.
The council and some landowners provide access to:
- Hart to Haswell Walkway
- Seaton Bridleway
- High Springwell Community Woodland
- Family Wood
- Hart Moor Farm Community Woodlands
- Summerhill Countryside Park
The new series of 9 self-guided walking leaflets have been produced by the Countryside Access Team:
- The Bellows Burn Tread (4.5 miles)
- Ramble in the Dene (4.5 miles)
- Headland Sea Watch (4 miles)
- Three Village Ramble (5 miles)
- Wild West Figure of Eight (6.5 miles)
- Park to Park (2.5 miles)
- Dalton Piercy Discovery (5.5 miles)
- Greatham Get Away (3.5 miles)
- Seaton Snooks Stroll (3.5 miles)
In addition to the Self Guided Walk leaflets; the Borough contains a network of interesting and often beautiful countryside footpaths, bridleways and byways. The Hartlepool Access and Cycling Map is a two sided map which shows the viewer where all the public and permissive rights of way are located within and just outside the borough. It has information of 'places of interest' as well as 'countryside sites' and offers the viewer a greater opportunity to explore the 'countryside on their doorstep'.
Cycling in Hartlepool
Cycling in and around Hartlepool
Neighbouring Local Authority links for countryside walking and cycling