From 1st April 2013 Council Tax Benefit will be abolished and replaced by Local Council Tax Support (LCTS)
Economic Development - Hartlepool Working Solutions
Hartlepool Working Solutions
The Hartlepool Working Solutions team of the Economic Regeneration Section helps Hartlepool people and businesses to maximise employment and self-employment opportunities through innovative training and recruitment solutions.
Support for Hartlepool residents
FamilyWise is a service to help support the client, and members of their family on the road towards work. It offers 1-2-1 mentoring and information, advice and guidance as well as a variety of group sessions, work experience, volunteering etc. It is a personalised service.
FamilyWise a voluntary project and funded through the European Social Fund (ESF). To be eligible for the project you must be on out of work benefits and not attending the Work Programme.
Each individual can be on the programme for up to 12 months and within that time we will assist individuals to achieve training and support them into employment.
For further information and check eligibility please call FamilyWise on (01429) 266875.
- CSCS Testing Centre
In order to meet the growing demands of the local construction industry and the requirement for employees to have a valid CSCS Card to work in this sector, Hartlepool Working Solutions operate a CSCS Testing Centre in central Hartlepool.
The CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) Card is the industry's largest scheme; it lists the holder's qualifications and is valid for either three or five years. The card currently covers over 220 occupations including trades, technical, supervisory and management. It demonstrates Health and Safety awareness as all cardholders have to pass the appropriate CITB-Construction Skills Health and Safety tests. Most contractors and clients now demand proof of competence i.e. a CSCS card, before allowing workers onto their sites (further information can be found at www.cscs.uk.com).
The CSCS Testing Centre based in Hartlepool Enterprise Centre has two testing stations which are available to sit most types of CSCS tests. This testing service is available to both clients and businesses who wish to pay for the tests privately.
The charge is £30.00 per test and an additional £30.00 to apply for the card. To book a test or for more information please call Hartlepool Working Solutions on: (01429) 284482.
Support to Employers
- Recruitment & Selection - we can advertise your vacancies, short list and interview on your behalf should you need the support and act as the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding your vacancies.
- Work trials and placements - working closely with Jobcentre Plus we can co-ordinate work trials and work placements to suit your business needs.
- Flexible Support Fund - if you looking to create new employment or apprenticeship opportunities and up skill new staff Hartlepool Flexible Routeway (Flexible Support Fund) may be able to help you.
The up skilling grant is up to £1760. We can also offer Human Resource & Employment Legislation Workshops and Self Employment Workshops.
Up skilling grants are available to support the following groups into work:
- Unemployed young people aged 18 - 24 years (day one to up to 26 weeks unemployed) claiming Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Other unemployed pre work programme groups 25 years or over
- Redundancy packages - supporting you and your workforce should you have to make people redundant.
- Employment legislation and HR policy support and advice.
Please see www.investinhartlepool.com for further information
The section operates from Bryan Hanson House off Lynn Street.
The CSCS Test Centre is based at Unit 23-24, Hartlepool Enterprise Centre, Brougham Terrace, Hartlepool.
Hartlepool Working Solutions
Bryan Hanson House
Bryan Hanson House - The offices are open from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday.
CSCS Test Centre - for opening hours call (01429) 284482
Bryan Hanson House has a visitors' car park including disabled parking bays, disabled access, loop system, access to an interpretation service and lifts to all floors.
CSCS Test Centre - car parking on site
Hartlepool Borough Council is not responsible for the content of any external websites and does not endorse any product or organisation contained therein
Useful Links Planning and Regeneration
Telephone: 01429 266522