Household Waste Recycling Centre
Hartlepool Borough Council’s Household Waste Recycling Centre will be open to residents who have pre-booked an attendance slot from Wednesday 13th May 2020.
To make sure that the Household Waste Recycling Centre can operate in line with the current COVID-19 guidance and protect the safety of our staff and our residents, we are introducing a booking system and other measures to enable us to plan and safely manage access into the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have put together some frequently asked questions to help you before you book. To view them, click on the FAQs button
Residents wanting to use the site must book an appointment in advance either online using the link below or by calling 01429 523333.
Terms and Conditions
To view a copy of the Terms and Conditions click on the button below
‘We are all in this together’. The safety of the public and staff is paramount. These are unusual circumstances. We anticipate a large demand for this service and we would ask you are patient with us and that are staff are treated with respect. If individuals do not follow instructions their booking may be revoked. If it is not possible to maintain the safety of staff and the public the Council may be forced to close the site.
- Members of the public visiting a HWRC should not include people who are:
- extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- symptomatic with coronavirus (COVID-19)
- in a 14-day household isolation
- People should not leave home except for essentials and ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Police have the power to enforce; a visit to the HWRC should only be made if waste disposal is essential and unavoidable.
Priority services must come first. If other priority council services, like our kerbside household collections, experience staff shortages as a result of COVID-19 cases the site may need to close again without notice.