Great British Spring Clean 2019
Be part of the big pick up!
As part of our Love Hartlepool campaign, we're supporting Keep Britain Tidy's Great British Spring Clean 2019, which aims to collect and safely dispose of as much litter from our streets, parks and beaches, recycling as possible.
It'll run for one whole month – 22nd March to 23rd April - and our Council will be hosting its own litter picks in support of the campaign, inviting members of the public to join in and celebrate making our environment cleaner, safer and more attractive.
If you're tired of seeing litter in your community, check out our interactive map below to find litter picks near you, and together let's clean-up our streets!
We want to encourage all community groups, local businesses, keen individuals, parishes and villages to get involved by either hosting or taking part in local litter picks. Take a look at our interactive online map of the borough below to see all litter picks taking place throughout the month!
To add your litter pick to the map and encourage others to get involved, email email@example.com with the following details:
- Group name (if applicable)
- Date of your litter pick (groups will be supported with equipment wherever possible)
- The location of your event
- How many volunteers are expected
- Items and quantities requested from the Council:
- Adult litter pickers (max. 5 per group)
- Refuse bags (max. 30 per group)
- Dog waste bags (max. 20 per group)