Help for people with Mobility Difficulties
The Council can provide assistance to residents who are unable to get their bins to the kerbside on collection day. We will collect it from a mutually agreed location, empty it for you, and then return it to the same location where possible.
Please check the following eligibility criteria to see if you will qualify for an assisted collection:-
Any resident who meets one (or more) of the following criteria will automatically qualify for an assisted collection, providing you live alone or there is no other person living at the property who is able to present the bins on your behalf:
- Be in receipt of a blue badge
- Be in receipt of a Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Be in receipt of a War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
- Be over 80 years of age
- Have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability, or very considerable difficulty, in walking and have received a lump sum benefit from the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme within tariffs 1-8
- Be registered blind
- Be in receipt of palliative care
If you do not meet any of the above criteria you may still be eligible for a non-automatic qualification for an assisted collection. Each non-automatic application will be dealt with sympathetically on a case-by-case basis. A member of the Waste Team staff will conduct a home visit to discuss the application with you.
To find out more about the assisted waste collection service or to apply for an assisted collection please contact Customer Services on 01429 523331.