Ceremony in the Civic Suite
Last updated 19 July 2021
The current Government guidance can be viewed at www.gov.uk (external link)
There are no current restrictions affecting statutory marriage and civil partnership ceremonies.
For those wanting a simple ceremony we hold statutory marriage and civil partnerships ceremonies at the Civic Suite, Civic Centre
What does a statutory ceremony involve?
The ceremony is a simple ceremony consisting of the legal wording required in order for the marriage or civil partnership to be legally binding. It takes place in a meeting room in the Civic Suite, Civic Centre. Civic Suite ceremonies are available on Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings.
A ring exhange can be included and a short time is allowed for photographs at the end of the ceremony. The ceremony does not include any readings or music and the ceremony party all walk in to the room at the same time.
Only two guests can be in attendance, these two guests will act as the couple’s witnesses. It is not possible for Registration Officers to act as witnesses, and witnesses cannot be provided for the couple.
The two witnesses must both be able to speak and understand English, although it does not have to be their first language. You do not have to know your witnesses personally; or they can be relatives or friends. The witnesses do not need to bring any identification with them.
How much does it cost?
The full payment of £57 is required at the time of booking; £50 of this payment is non-refundable.
- No member of the ceremony party or guest should attend the venue if they are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, however mild.
- If someone has been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because they have tested positive for Covid-19, or they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, they must not attend.
- If someone should be quarantining following foreign travel they must not attend.
- If it is found that someone is displaying symptoms or should be isolating / quarantining the ceremony will not take place and will have to be re-booked. There will be a fee payable for this change.
- In order to support the NHS Test and Trace programme Hartlepool Registration Service encourage the couple and guests 'check in' using the NHS Covid-19 mobile phone app (external link). A sign in sheet will also be available for anyone who would like to ‘check in’ but does not have access to a smartphone / prefers not to use the app.
- Hartlepool Borough Council staff will maintain social distancing throughout. If they are unable to maintain a 2 metre distance a face covering / screen will be used.
- As Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, it is important that we all use personal judgement to manage our own risk. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense and considering the risks. Information on keeping yourself and others safe can be found at www.gov.uk (external link)
How do I make a booking?
If you would like to make a booking please contact us to check availability.