Summerhill Country Park and Outdoor Nature Reserve
Summerhill is a unique Country Park that is both a Local Nature Reserve and Outdoor Activity Centre.
Come and explore the 100 acre site on your own, or join in with our many bookable activities.
We offer a range of curriculum linked activities for schools and there's always something for the family to do in the school holidays.
Some of the things we can offer:
- Sculptures around the park.
- Ponds with viewing platforms.
- Two children’s play areas.
- A free to use BMX track (Helmet and body armour advisable).
- Eight Large climbing boulders.
- Two free mobility scooters which can be booked in advance.
- A large, free, car park.
- Toilet facilities.
- A cafe in the Visitors Centre - please visit www.summerhillcountrycafe.com for further details.
We are home to Hartlepool Cycle Clinic who offer a free repair service carried out by qualified staff.