Free Nursery Entitlement
Who can have a place?
All 3 and 4 year old children are entitled to 570 hours per year of Free Nursery Entitlement, the term after their 3rd birthday.
From April 2013, some 2 year old children may also be eligible for 570 hours per year of Free Nursery Entitlement, the term after their 2nd birthday.
To check whether your child is eligible for a 2 year old Free Nursery Entitlement place, we will need the following information:
- your National Insurance Number
- your date of birth
- your surname
You may also be entitled to a 2 year old Free Nursery Entitlement place if you are in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Related Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit with a total annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Have a current SEN Statement or an Education, Health and Care plan or claim Disability Living Allowance for the child
- All 2 year olds that are looked after by the Local Authority, adopted, fostered or have a special guardianship order
In exceptional circumstances, the Local Authority may agree to fund a place outside this criteria.
When can children access a free place?
A child born between:
Will become eligible for a free place:
1st April to 31st August
1st September following child's birthday
1st September to 31st December
1st January following child's birthday
1st January to 31st March
1st April following child's birthday
Where can children access a free place?
- Approved Private Nursery
- Approved Registered Childminder
- Participating School Nurseries
- Approved Sessional Care Provider
The above providers are all inspected by Ofsted and are approved by Hartlepool Borough Council using their Quality Rating System.
For more information and to check your eligibility, call The Children's Hub on 01429 284284.