Apply for a primary school place
For children born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017
Hartlepool Local Authority operates single-term entry for children starting primary school. If you have a child(ren) born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 they will be due to start Primary School in September 2021.
The application period is between 2nd November 2020 and 15th January 2021. You can make your application on-line during this period*. Before you submit your application please read the Education in Hartlepool Booklet - September 2021 carefully. The booklet provides information on the admission process, key dates and lots of information which you may find useful, including delaying your child’s entry into primary school and applying for your child to be educated out of year group.
To secure your child's place at primary school, you must submit your application (along with any supporting documents such as a baptism certificate) by 15th January 2021. If your application is received after this deadline, we will treat it as late and deal with it after the applications which were received on time.
School Admissions On-line
To apply on-line, simply enter the site by clicking the link in the box above and following the step-by-step instructions. Please note, only Hartlepool residents can apply through the Hartlepool site. If you reside outside of Hartlepool, please apply to your home authority (i.e. the council which you pay your council tax to).
The benefits of applying on-line are:
- Simple step-by-step instructions
- Change your application at any time until the deadline for receiving applications
- Your application will automatically be confirmed by e-mail
- Find out on-line which school place we have offered your child
- Register that you still have an interest in a school
* If you would prefer to submit your application on a paper application form, please download the application form or contact the School Admissions Team on 01429 523765.
School admissions brochures
The following brochures explain everything you need to know about obtaining a place for your child.
Should you require any further assistance in relation to secondary school admissions please contact School Admissions on 01429 523765, or email email@example.com