House to House Collections
To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes you need a licence from the local authority.
- Applications to be made no later than one month prior to the proposed month of collection (i.e. application must be received no later than 1st April for a collection in May).
- We will endeavour to only issue one licence at any one time, with the exception of Home Office Exemptions, of which we have no control.
- Collection dates are issued on a ‘first come-first served’ basis
- No promoter, collector or person who is otherwise connected with a collection, shall permit a person under the age of sixteen years to act as a collector.
- A minimum of 75% of the proceeds of the goods collected must be donated to the good cause; OR where the value of the donation is less than 75% of the proceeds, the collection bag or collection leaflet must clearly and prominently state the percentage to be donated. We must be provided with a copy of the leaflet/bag before approval can be given.
- Collectors must carry identification at all times whilst collecting, to prove authorisation.
- Relevant application information will be published on the Council’s Website to inform the public of monthly collections.
- The Chief Promoter is responsible for furnishing an account of the collection within one month of the expiry of the licence.
- We will verify the accuracy of your accounts with the Charity.
- Failure to submit accounts may affect any future applications made.