Sex Shop/Cinema Licence

To run a sex shop i.e. any premises selling sex toys, books or videos and/or to run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public you may need a licence from the local authority.

Apply Online

An applicant:

  • must be at least 18 years old
  • must not be disqualified from holding a licence
  • must have been resident in the UK at least six months immediately before the application or, if a body corporate, must be incorporated in the UK
  • must not have been refused the grant or renewal of a licence for the premises in question within the last 12 months unless the refusal has been reversed on appeal