Hartlepool Careers Service
Telephone number: 01429 401831
Hartlepool Careers Service’s main objective is to support 100% of learners across the Learning and Skills Service to help them to progress into a positive outcome. The Careers Service offers 1:1 dedicated and impartial Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to all learners, to help them to understand the many exciting and varied career pathways available.
Hartlepool Adult Education is wholly committed to supporting all learners to fulfil their aspirational goals by providing access to an outstanding Careers Service, work experience, high quality training, pathways to further education and insights into the world of work.
The service has an offer for all learners as shown below which provides a wide range of provision to support individuals with their personal, social and employability development.
- A universal and impartial Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) service to support all learners to progress in their choice of career pathways
- All learners will be offered an opportunity to develop a personalised Individual Career Plan.
- All learners will receive a named personal Adviser to offer on-going support to help them progress into further education, self-employment, volunteering and/or employment
- Access to National Careers Service (NCS) Specialist Advisers
- All learners will have access to Functional Skills courses to improve their English, Maths and IT skills
- All learners will have access to initiatives to help them compile CV’s, apply for jobs on-line and prepare for interviews through various workshops and access to Job Clubs and NCS
- There will be additional Learner Support such as 1:1 classroom support, 1:1 tuition, specific alternative language support and adaptive resources within the classroom
- There are Pastoral Support Advisers who are here to listen and where relevant signpost learners to services such as mental health provision, financial and debt management advice and housing and benefits advice.
Contact one of our experienced Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Advisors on 01429 401831 for more information on the wide range of support available through Adult Education’s Careers Service.
CEIAG Statement of Commitment
Contact the Careers Service Advice Line on 01429 401831