Getting help from us

If you would like help from Adult Social Care, you should contact our Early Intervention Team.  A social worker or contact officer will take some basic information from you and talk to you about the type of help you are looking for.  This is called a contact assessment or referral.

Making sense of an assessment

ยป What happens when I contact Adult Social Care?

When you get in touch with us, the social worker or contact officer will be able to give you advice and information.  If you need a full assessment, the Early Intervention Team will pass your contact assessment to the Care Management Team for your area.  Someone from the Care Management Team will arrange to visit you at home or in hospital.


You can contact the Early Intervention Team by letter, telephone, textphone, or e-mail.  If you want to speak to someone in person, come in to Reception at the Civic Centre and ask to see an Early Intervention Team Social Worker.  If English is not your first language, we can provide a translation service.