Hartlepool – let’s keep goingPublished Monday, 16th November 2020
Let's not throw away all your hard work - that's the message from Hartlepool’s Acting Director of Public Health following another surge in Coronavirus cases.
It comes as there have been 581 confirmed cases in Hartlepool in the week to Sunday 15th November – up from 369 cases in the previous week.
Hartlepool’s seven day rate per 100,000 is currently 620 – up significantly from 394 seven days ago.
“These latest figures are extremely worrying and – at risk of sounding like a broken record – a clear indication that we can’t drop our guard for one second,” said Craig Blundred, Hartlepool’s Acting Director of Public Health.
“As I said last week, if we all play our part and follow the Government restrictions, we will start to see our numbers decrease again but if we don’t, they’ll continue to rise – it really is as simple as that.
“None of us wants to come out of lockdown in a worse position in terms of infections than we went in - but unless things change that is where we are heading.
"Rates are rising in all age groups currently and I can’t stress enough that every single person's actions will make a difference.
“If we all reduce social contact, maintain social distance, wash our hands regularly and wear a face covering in enclosed public spaces I’m confident this picture will improve rapidly.”
Hartlepool Borough Council has created a summary document of the latest Government restrictions which can be downloaded by clicking here.
For full information on the national measures – including what they mean for working from home and business closures and the financial support available – click here.
Denise McGuckin, Hartlepool Borough Council’s Managing Director, added: “I absolutely know we can get through this together and now is not the time to let our guard slip.
“We’re asking everyone across Hartlepool to join with us in increasing our efforts to protect yourselves, those that you love and particularly those residents who are at greatest risk from the devastating impact of COVID-19.”
Councillor Shane Moore, Leader of Hartlepool Borough Council, said: “As always, it’s essential each and every one of us follows the rules in the hope we can get the virus under control so that Hartlepool can return to normal as soon as possible.
“Please follow the Government’s rules to help stop the spread of the virus. Above all, you’ll be protecting yourself and the most vulnerable in our community.
“It’s also vital for people to please keep up their basic safety precautions – wash your hands frequently, wear a face covering and keep your distance – HANDS, FACE, SPACE.
“Small steps save lives.”
Councillor Shane Moore
Visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage for the latest information on how the Coronavirus is affecting Hartlepool.