Important information about Council services and buildingsPublished Friday, 9th April 2021
With the next step in the Government’s roadmap out of lockdown due to be taken on Monday (April 12th), the way some Hartlepool Borough Council services and buildings currently operate is about to change.
From Monday April 12th, the following outdoor activities will resume:
- Club bookings for 3G pitch and all-weather pitch activity at Brierton Sports Centre.
- Organised outdoor weekly provision, including walking football and netball.
- Weekly guided walks across the Borough.
- Educational day visits at Carlton Adventure in Cleveland.
Unfortunately, we are unable to open indoor facilities at Mill House Leisure Centre, Brierton Sports Centre and Headland Sports Centre on Monday April 12th in line with the Government’s roadmap as many staff are currently supporting the frontline Covid-19 response.
From Monday April 19th, the following will resume:
- Gym facilities at Mill House Leisure Centre, Headland Sports Centre and Brierton Sports Centre.
- Lane swimming sessions, family swimming sessions and swimming lessons at Mill House Leisure Centre.
- The Learn to Swim programme will restart using a phased approach to ensure the safety of all customers and staff. During phase 1, Duckling stages 1-4 and Learn to Swim stages 3-7 will resume for existing customers only. Phase 2 will begin as soon as it is safe to do so. Information about all phases is available at www.gethartlepoolactive.co.uk/learntoswim We will be contacting all existing customers directly. If you haven't heard from us by Monday April 19th please contact us on (01429) 523338 or email us at email@example.com We have made changes to our programme to ensure our lessons are Covid-secure.
- Club bookings for indoor junior activity at Brierton Sports Centre
- Outdoor fitness classes at Brierton Sports Centre and Summerhill Country Park
Bookings for indoor provision and outdoor fitness classes will be taken from Monday April 12th. Telephone lines will be open from 8.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday until Monday April 19th when usual opening hours will resume. If you are already a member, you will also be able to book online at https://leisure.hartlepool.gov.uk/bookings
The safety of customers and staff will continue to be our top priority, so we ask customers to wear a face covering when entering a building and to follow social distancing guidelines. We have recently installed CO2 monitors into all of our activity spaces to ensure excellent air quality and to minimise any risk of Covid transmission. Please take a look at our Covid-19 info page for more information, including an extensive FAQ section, at https://www.gethartlepoolactive.co.uk/covid-19-info
The following arrangements apply to the Council’s community hubs and libraries:
- Seaton Branch Library – limited browsing and the People’s Network (please book in advance) from April 12th.
- Headland Branch Library –expected to open by end of April, but guidance awaited on numbers because of the design of the library which makes it harder to manage browsing for library users.
- Community Hub South – click and collect and access to the People’s Network to continue. Re-opening for limited browsing scheduled for early May when roofing work is completed and the car park and access routes are cleared.
- Community Hub Central – Re-opening planned for mid-May when all building and branding work will have been completed.
- Throston Branch Library – currently in use as a staff base, so it will remain closed. (Click and Collect from mobile library to continue as needed.)
The Home Library Services to continue operating as usual, alongside the BorrowBox initiative for audio and ebooks which has seen an 800% increase in usage. The online catalogue for click and collect books can be accessed at http://capitadiscovery.co.uk/hartlepool/ or people can telephone (01429) 272631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Learning & Skills Service is open and continues to deliver courses, including classroom-based activity and online learning. In addition, Waverley Allotment has re-opened for volunteers. For further information on courses running and/or Waverley please visit www.hartlepool.gov.uk/learningandskills or email@example.com or telephone (01429) 868616. If you require information, advice or guidance on education, employment or training available then please contact the Learning & Skills Careers Service on (01429) 401831