Council launches new digital consultation platformPublished Friday, 10th September 2021
A new online consultation platform has been launched by Hartlepool Borough Council to enable residents to give their views on a range of issues and help shape the future of the town.
Your Say Our Future offers access to a number of digital consultation tools that people can use to get directly involved in decisions affecting them.
And they are now being encouraged to register with the site at https://yoursay.hartlepool.gov.uk/ and create a personal account, as this allows them to state which consultation topics they are most interested in and receive updates and newsletters.
Councillor Shane Moore, Leader of the Council, said: “The Council has a long-standing commitment to listen to local people and take their views into account when making decisions.
“Your Say Our Future takes that to a whole new level - making it easier for people to get involved in the decision-making process in a way and at a time that suits them.”
Tools on the new platform vary depending on the consultation topic but can include:
- Forum – share experiences, ask questions and have conversations.
- Places (map tool) – leave comments, answer surveys, and post images to pins on a map.
- Ideas – create “post it notes” to add ideas to a virtual ideas board, and like and comment on other people’s ideas.
- Stories – share stories and experiences (e.g. of an event or use of a service)
- Guestbook – leave a comment.
- Questions – an opportunity to ask questions.
- News feed – see updates and news about projects you are interested in.
- Quick polls –see results in real time.
Originally set up as an emergency response to the pandemic to provide a Covid-secure way of consulting with residents and stakeholders, Your Say Our Future will, going forward, sit alongside more traditional face-to-face methods of engagement.
Current consultations include:
- Town Deal projects - find out about the Town Deal projects and ask the team a question.
- Relocation of Throston Library - tell us what you would like to see in the relocated library
- Member Champions - give us your views on which causes should be represented by a Member Champion role.
- Tell us what you think about the proposed Disposal of Land at Golden Flatts School
Councillor Moore added: “This is a chance to have your say and respond to issues that matter most to you. We’d love to hear from you!”