Summerhill Country Park and Outdoor Nature Reserve
Summerhill is a unique Country Park that is both a Local Nature Reserve and Outdoor Activity Centre.
Come and explore the 100 acre site on your own, or join in with our many bookable activities.
We offer a range of curriculum linked activities for schools and there's always something for the family to do in the school holidays.
Some of the things we can offer:
- Sculptures around the park
- Two ponds with viewing platforms
- Two children’s play areas
- A free to use BMX track (Helmet and body armour advisable)
- Eight Large climbing boulders
- A replica of an Iron Age roundhouse
- Two free mobility scooters which can be booked in advance.
- A large, free, car park.
- Toilet facilities.
We are home to Hartlepool Cycle Clinic who offer a free repair service carried out by qualified staff.