Could you be a foster carer?
Do you have patience, understanding and a sense of humour?
Are you warm and nurturing?
Are you non judgemental and anti discriminatory in your outlook?
Are you a resilient person and able to cope with the extremes of emotions you will experience and the response they will demand of you?
Are you a good listener?
Can you communicate openly and honestly?
Can you be flexible but also capable of setting clear boundaries?
Would you welcome guidance and support?
Foster carers need to be:
· Able to provide a good standard of physical and emotional care to children and young people.
· A good listener and able to communicate positively with children and adults.
· Flexible and able to adapt to situations quickly.
· Positive about the child/young person’s family and help them to keep in contact with family members.
· Able to put in boundaries and routines and manage behaviours in a positive way.
· Energetic and motivated to support a child/young person through some challenging times.