Support for foster carers
All foster carers have an allocated Social Worker from the Fostering team known as a Supervising Social Worker.
The role of your Social Worker is to supervise and support you when children/young people are in your care. You will see your Social Worker a minimum of 4 weekly, more if required. You will have regular telephone contact with your Social Worker and they will also accompany you to meetings or attend meetings on your behalf. You will also receive support from the child/young person’s Social Worker and the placement support team.
Outside of office hours, there is an out of hours service which is called the Emergency Duty Team, this service is available whenever the main office is closed.
- Mentoring scheme for new foster carers
- Monthly support group evenings with guest speakers
- Monthly coffee mornings for foster carers
- Fostering Christmas party
- Annual Foster Carers appreciation event/awards night
- Annual Fostering Family Fun day
- Bespoke Foster carer training courses