Ceremony at an approved premise
Last updated 19 July 2021
The current Government guidance can be viewed at www.gov.uk
There are no current restrictions affecting statutory marriage and civil partnership ceremonies.
- No member of the ceremony party or guest should attend the venue if they;
- Are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, however mild.
- Have been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because they have tested positive for Covid-19, or they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Should be quarantining following foreign travel.
- If it is found that someone is displaying symptoms or should be isolating / quarantining the ceremony will not take place and will have to be re-booked. There will be a fee payable for this change.
- In order to support the NHS Test and Trace programme Hartlepool Registration Service encourage the couple and guests 'check in' using the NHS Covid-19 mobile phone app (external link).
- Hartlepool Borough Council staff will maintain social distancing throughout. If they are unable to maintain a 2 metre distance a face covering will be used.
- As Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, it is important that we all use personal judgement to manage our own risk. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense and considering the risks. Information on keeping yourself and others safe can be found at www.gov.uk (external link)
Which venues are licenced for marriages and civil partnerships?
How do I make a booking?
If you would like to make a booking please contact us to check availability.
How much does a ceremony cost?