Coronavirus-info

Hartlepool to enter Tier 3 when national restrictions end on Wednesday December 2nd

It has been announced by the Government that Hartlepool – alongside the rest of the North East – will enter tier three when lockdown ends on Wednesday 2nd December.

It comes after the Prime Minister announced earlier this week a new stricter tier system aimed at keeping the virus under control.

Speaking in the Commons, Mr Johnson announced the new system will be in place until the start of April, by which time he hopes mass community testing and the roll-out of vaccines will have had a significant impact.

Tier allocations will be reviewed every 14 days.

There are a few blanket rules which will be in place across all of England – regardless of which tier an area is placed in.

The rule of six returns, with gatherings of more than six people banned – for those in tier two and tier three, people can only meet outdoors.

Shops, hairdressers and gyms are allowed to open in all tiers – although some extra rules will be in place for higher tiers.

Everyone is advised to work from home if they can – up until the start of April next year.

TIER THREE: VERY HIGH

No household mixing indoors or outdoors in hospitality venues or private gardens

Rule of six applies in outdoor public spaces like parks

Pubs/restaurants closed except for delivery and takeaway

Indoor entertainment venues closed

Guidance against travelling in and out of the area

Personal care – including hairdressing - allowed

We’ve created a useful summary of the tier three restrictions which you can find at www.hartlepool.gov.uk/tier-three

Full information is available at www.gov.uk/coronavirus

Craig Blundred, Hartlepool’s Acting Director of Public Health, said: “Following a surge in Coronavirus cases, we are starting to see things moving in the right direction but I would call on everyone across Hartlepool to follow the Government restrictions so we can see our numbers decrease again.

“We can’t drop our guard now and – as I said last week – if we all reduce social contact, maintain social distance, wash our hands regularly and wear a face covering in enclosed public spaces I’m confident our picture will continue to improve.”

Craig Blundred

Craig Blundred

Denise McGuckin, Hartlepool Borough Council’s Managing Director, added: “I know how difficult it has been for people to follow the rules of a second national lockdown on top of the local restrictions we have been living with for so long and I’m very grateful to everyone for their efforts.

“Together we can get through this and we’re now renewing our call for everyone across Hartlepool to join with us in increasing our efforts to protect yourselves, those that you love and particularly those residents who are at greatest risk from the devastating impact of COVID-19.”

Denise McGukin

Denise McGuckin

Councillor Shane Moore, Leader of Hartlepool Borough Council, said: “I’m glad to report the number of Coronavirus cases is currently decreasing in Hartlepool and I would urge residents and businesses to join with us to ensure this trend continues.

“As always, it’s essential each and every one of us follows the rules in the hope we can get the virus firmly under control so that Hartlepool can return to normal as soon as possible.

“Please follow the Government’s rules to help stop the spread of the virus. Above all, you’ll be protecting yourself and the most vulnerable in our community.

“It’s also vital for people to please keep up their basic safety precautions – wash your hands frequently, wear a face covering and keep your distance – HANDS, FACE, SPACE.

“Small steps save lives.”

Councillor Shane Moore

Councillor Shane Moore

Visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage for the latest information on how the Coronavirus is affecting Hartlepool.