Booking a marriage or civil partnership ceremony
The steps to take book a marriage or civil partnership ceremony with Hartlepool Registration Service.
1. Decide on the date you wish to be married or register your civil partnership.
2. If you would like your ceremony at a licensed venue check that it is available for your date and time - we advise that you do not make a confirmed booking with the venue until you check that there is a registrar available.
3. Contact us to make a booking. A non-refundable ceremony deposit of £50 is required at the time of booking*; this deposit is deducted from the overall cost of your ceremony.
4. Return your Terms & Conditions Agreement within two weeks.
5. Make arrangements to give notice at your local register office / designated register office.
6a. For couples where one or both parties are giving notice at Hartlepool - we require the payment of your outstanding ceremony balance at the time you give notice, or two months prior to the ceremony, whichever date is soonest.
6b. For couples where neither party are giving notice at Hartlepool - payment of the outstanding ceremony balance is required two months before the ceremony takes place.
* If your ceremony is taking place in less than 2 months full payment will be required at the time of booking.