Ceremony in the Middlegate Room
Last updated 19 July 2021
The current Government guidance can be viewed at www.gov.uk
There are no current restrictions affecting statutory marriage and civil partnership ceremonies.
- No member of the ceremony party or guest should attend the venue if they;
- Are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, however mild.
- Have been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because they have tested positive for Covid-19, or they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Should be quarantining following foreign travel.
- If it is found that someone is displaying symptoms or should be isolating / quarantining the ceremony will not take place and will have to be re-booked. There will be a fee payable for this change.
- In order to support the NHS Test and Trace programme Hartlepool Registration Service encourage the couple and guests 'check in' using the NHS Covid-19 mobile phone app (external link). A sign in sheet will also be available for anyone who would like to ‘check in’ but does not have access to a smartphone / prefers not to use the app.
- Hartlepool Borough Council staff will maintain social distancing throughout. If they are unable to maintain a 2 metre distance a face covering / screen will be used.
- As Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, it is important that we all use personal judgement to manage our own risk. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense and considering the risks. Information on keeping yourself and others safe can be found at www.gov.uk (external link)
Hartlepool Register Office's main ceremony room is situated at the Borough Hall at the heart of the historic Headland.
Located on the first floor on the Borough Hall with large windows overlooking Hartlepool Bay the room has seating for 26 guests. There are several locations nearby which are perfect for photographs including the tea gardens to the front of the building, the Town Wall and beach.
The room is fully accessable via lift from the Borough Hall atrium. A car park is located nearby along with on street parking.
The Middlegate Room has seating for up to 26 adults / older children. Babies and small children (up to the age of 3) can sit on their parent / guardian's lap and do not have to have a seat allocated to them. All adults / older children must have a seat, there is no standing room for guests.
A seating plan of the Middlegate Room can be viewed here
Middlegate Room viewings
The Middlegate Room can be viewed by appointment, please contact the Borough Hall, 01429 266269, to arrange.
Borough Hall refurbishment
The Borough Hall is to begin a refurbishment programme in 2022, dates to be confirmed. The Registration Service will be kept up to date on the project programme, if it is established that a ceremony booking could be affected either directly or indirectly by the works we will contact couples with as much notice as possible.
How do I make a booking?
If you would like to make a booking please contact us to check availability.
How much does a ceremony cost?