Private Landlords and Tenants

Illegal evictions and harassment

If your landlord turns up and asks you to leave, or changes your locks without following the correct legal process or threatens you to leave and harasses you, you should contact the police by calling their emergency number. You should report that an ‘illegal eviction is taking place’ and you require their assistance to prevent it from happening.

You should also notify the Council afterwards at your earliest opportunity:

Report an illegal eviction or harassment: